Welcome.

American Literature 11.

10.27.2010

Summary

On May 4, 1970, over 2,000 Kent State College Students rallied in the 'commons' at their College Campus. Their purpose was to show President Nixon that he should not extend the Vietnam war into Cambodia. They wanted to 'bring the war home'. The events leading up to the protest such as vandalism, upset the State Officials, which closed down bars in town and called the National Guard.
The day of the protest, University Officials attempted to ban the gathering, handing out 12,000 leaflets saying the protest was not going to happen. Despite their efforts, over 2,000 students gathered on the Universities commons near Taylor Hall.
As my project and research furthers, I will talk more about the events that happened on May 4th, and how the Nation Guard reacted. I know if I were a teenage then as I am now, I would have been at that protest.

1 comment:

  1. i can't wait to see this when your done. I know it's gonna be super good because your so opinionated, it'll be great. :)

    ReplyDelete