Welcome.

American Literature 11.

10.29.2010

Why?


I am only a 16 year old High School student, but I have strong views on the world, and how people go about their daily life's. I'm pretty Philosophical, If you'd like to have a chat with me about your views, I'd love to hear it. Ask, and I will give you my e-mail.
With this Civil Disobedience Project, I hope to open peoples eyes, and change their views on how the government is corrupt in their disciplinary actions, and that your voice does matter. If you're going to be civilly disobedient, you have to be ready to accept the consequences, and you cannot give up.
In English 11, we have been learning about Henry Throeau, Gandhi, and Martin Luther King. They are all major figures in disobeying the government peacefully for what they believe in. People should follow their examples if the rules and regulations the government put into effect over them are morally wrong. But, if you are not peaceful when going about your actions, your hard work will all go to waste and the government will not listen. In the process of being violent, you could be locked up or even killed.
Peaceful protesters can make the world listen, and act in their favor. Some people may have the same thoughts as you but have never had the courage to stand up and agree. I want to show that the Kent State Collage shooting should have never happened. I admire students for standing up for their rights. It should have not ended up how it did.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the honesty and thoughtfulness of your first post. It certainly seems as though you have a passion for the topic of civil disobedience! I am anxious to read your next post so I can see how your thoughts and opinions form as we begin our research.

    ReplyDelete